Monday, August 22, 2011

Startling Revelations at the Gym

In every campaign there are specific campaign settings and unique terminology involved.  Unless you trained in dungeoneering (aka studied up on the players guide), you're going to feel a little lost.  Evidently, the same goes for internet dating, the campaign I wish I never had to run.

At the gym this evening, a friend of mine, who is apparently better trained in dungeoneering than I am, explained the terminologies of internet dating and why I've been confused all this time.  Apparently it wasn't my diplomacy and charisma that were my issues, it was the fact that I was completely misinterpreting what was supposed to be happening all this time.  Here is what she told me men are REALLY looking for when they state the following:

"Girl with active lifestyle" really means "Girl who never stops moving and can run 10k's without a sweat."
"Girl who takes care of herself" really means "Girl who's super skinny and in shape."
"Girl who likes to be healthy" really means "Girl who lives at the gym."

If this is true, then it completely explains why I have been thus unsuccessful in completing this campaign.  However, I will say that I've noticed the following translations when men speak of themselves:

"Man with average body type" really means "Man who's got many extra pounds."
"Man who likes to be healthy" really means "Man who spends every waking moment at the gym."
"Man who enjoys gaming" really means "Man who lives in his mother's basement so he can do nothing but game all day, every day."

The majority of my experiences with this campaign makes me think that perhaps I should try again after I level up for awhile.  Currently my opinion of the majority of NPC's in this campaign can best be summed up by The Guild:  "That was a buffet of humanity I wish I never had to sample."

No comments:

Post a Comment