Sunday, February 27, 2011

Endurance Checks have Unexpectedly High DC's

Friday night proved an interesting night out.  Dancing with friends, hooray!

We went to a local bar where my friend, the Elf Ranger, has a sister who works there.  We arrived to find bad music, worse bar girls working, and worst of all, they had removed the karaoke room.  Even as a zealous assassin with 9 charisma I think I gave these bar girls a run for their money.

At any rate, we visit the Ranger's sister and have a few shots.  The names of the shots?  Boner and Sweet Pussy.   *sigh*  I think whoever came up with that should lose 50 xp for that.

Afterwards we headed into one of the rooms in the club for dancing, only to find rap music blaring.  Unfortunately, it did not take a passive insight of 25 to sense that this music was god-awful.  After visiting the bar for a couple of vodka red bulls, we headed out to the next room, which was playing country music.

Country music, oy vey.  More drinks, this time long island ice teas.  Thank heavens, I now have a -5 penalty to perception, acrobatics, and hit, and I grant combat advantage to everybody, but I can now tolerate the country music.

My party apparently has higher constitution modifiers than I do, because they then lead me on to the last room, which is playing 80s music.  Okay, this room is better.  Thankfully, I have a dexterity modifier 6, and 19 acrobatics without rolling, so even with the -5 penalty I still manage to stumble along moderately and pass myself off as dancing.  Good times ensue, until I discover I am also expected to dance to Vanilla Ice.

By now I've had many, many drinks in order to endure all the bad music.  Either I'm rolling badly or the DC checks for endurance are becoming higher and higher as the evening progresses.  I finally get to the point where I roll a natural 1 and can no longer continue the night.

Much to my relief!!!  Someone please stash me in a Bag of Holding and take me home!!!  I need an extended rest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment