Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day One of the Anti-Avenger

First blog.  Forgot to read Blogging for Dummies before starting.  Unfortunately, the Dungeon Master's Guide doesn't include bits on how to blog.  The Monster Manual doesn't list the demons that plague me with writer's block as I attempt to figure this out like a level one newb on my first campaign.  I must have started this out with a low Intelligence stat, because I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm an oxymoron, which I enjoy being very much.  As an Evil aligned elf avenger, it only seems right that I call myself the Anti-Avenger.  After all, I'm not exactly using my "godly" powers for good deeds, am I?  I attend the Atheist Meetup Group meetings with my friends, although I'm not actually an atheist.  I don't believe in organized religion, yet nor do I condemn those who do.  Who am I to judge?  My wisdom modifier really isn't high enough to make that DC roll, so I think I'll leave that to someone far more worthy than I.

After having been on the earth for 29 human years now, I'm considered to be a mid-level character these days, marked by my being a level 16 avenger.  Who am I avenging?  Eh, I'll let you know when I figure that out, the campaign's not over yet.  :)  Still going strong, day by day, encounter by encounter.

Latest encounter was to the Renaissance Festival here in town this Spring.  Went with three other friends, had a great time.  Partook of the mead and refreshments, wouldn't you know it, I over-indulged.  Ended up taking a penalty to perception and insight checks, and suddenly everything seemed to become difficult terrain.  Moving at half my movement speed is not my usual MO, but we still had a great time and fun was had by all.

This brings me to an interesting point.  Two of the friends who went with me were of the fairer sex, and prefer to remain on their side of the fence, so to speak.  Oddly enough, every man who walked through our path was mesmerized by them and couldn't resist.  I personally found this to be quite hilarious, seeing as how I know they will NEVER be able to pass the diplomacy DC for these two ladies, given they are not anatomically attractive to them.  The men, however, didn't know this, so needless to say, nothing could stop them from trying.  This makes me wonder, do lesbians have higher charisma bonuses than straight women?  They clearly have higher diplomacy and bluff rolls than the rest of us, what is it that gives them those skill bonuses?  Something mystical about them seems to cause men to fail their perception checks, because they don't seem to understand that they're not going to be able to convince them to change teams spontaneously.  Someone's going to have to clue me in on this, because as a straight woman, I can see that I'm going to have to get my charisma bonuses elsewhere.

That'll do for the night.  It's time for an extended rest.  I'm all out of surges and dailies have all been used.  We'll move on to the next encounter after I've regained my hit points and action points.  :)  Carry on then!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I have a theory about that.
    Lesbians aren't trying to impress guys, it makes us mysterious and strange.

    Either that or men are just masochists that enjoy getting shot down...could be either one.

    You were a funny drunk, never fear though. I will do my best to convince you not to drink that much next time we all go out.

    ReplyDelete