Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's with women and ladies' rooms???

I'm not sure I understand, and I'm a woman myself.  I step out of my office to head down the hall to the ladies' room today, and another woman who was in the hallway latches on to me as I head in and starts chatting it up with me.

Now, I personally prefer to be alone in the ladies' room.  I have no desire for conversation.  I don't really find it's the greatest place to make new friends.  Honestly, it's completely awkward for me to attempt to respond to this woman's vivacious smalltalk while I'm trying to attend to the business at hand.

Did I miss something, or are there a lot of women out there who insist on having a Pick-Up-Group whenever going to the ladies' room???  Are women unable to go to the ladies' room alone???  I have never found it necessary to flank myself with a bunch of DPS to go to the ladies' room.  I haven't had any alcohol to drink, so it's not like I need a healer on hand for Heal checks.

Ladies out there, bathrooms are not random dungeons!!!  You are not going to encounter any mobs in there!!!  Unless you are stopping at a Rest Area in Compton, California, there is no need to gather an entire group to campaign with you for this!  The bathroom is NOT the place to work on your diplomacy rolls, please, roll Stealth and just do your thing and leave me alone so I can do mine, okay?  If you had a decent Insight check you'd probably be able to see that I have no desire to converse with random strangers in the ladies' room, but clearly you rolled a natural 1 on that.

4 comments:

  1. Ladies rooms are where all super top secret conversations take place. Its all very covert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do women always engage in super top secret covert operations with total strangers??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom thing makes no sense to me either... It should be quiet time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This doesn't happen to me at work, but it does at the gym. In the locker room and bathroom and it is both disturbing and annoying.

    I don't have a problem with my body, but when a random stranger strikes up conversation with me as I'm changing after a workout...it makes me paranoid.

    ReplyDelete